Tuesday 18 May 2010

a day at the beach

Watched some more of James Maloney today via the BethelTV sight. Turns out he used to teach in Horsham not far from where I grew up.

He told a story from when he was at "Christ for the nations institute" in Dallas where he placed his hand on a student's badly deformed face and felt his hands go into it like putty. God healed her face totally.  He made reference to verses like "by the hands of the apostles where many signs and wonders wrought among the people" emphasising the laying on of hands. He also talked about Acts 19:11  "And God was doing extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul", (ESV) and made the point that there are ordinary miracles extraordinary miracles. I guess there are degrees of the miraculous, although I'd be happy at this point to see ordinary miracles!  

Another interesting comment was that God the father is a young father. He is not old, wrinkled, tired, slow, forgetful...he is strong, quick, ...Interesting point. Why do we picture God as old. I guess because of connotations of wisdom and the fact that Jesus was 30ish.   

Also "created to do good works" is not just helping old ladies across the road but "healing and signs and wonders miracles".

Heres a good quote : "I'm not going to stand here and say that the reasons you didn't get healed is because you have some sin in your life. Or some root of unbelief.  That's not cutting it with me anymore. That can be possibly a reason don't misunderstand me, but you know that gets lame after a while. Good hearted people come to our miracle services and my heart breaks ...to everyone that we see healed and delivered there are others that seemly [don't] we may say "what is it" and I'm pressing towards understand in that, ...its just possible that God chooses the time of greatest impact in their life and others..."

Thought that was really helpful in releasing people from feeling bad about not being healed.

And another (sorry this is a bit disjointed)
"you can be an anointed jerk...just because God uses someone to raise the dead does not mean he endorses their life style."

I ended up looking at a Benny Hinn interview on you tube "Scepticism is worse today than it was in Oral Roberts day....the biggest sceptics are pastors". Owch. Please God keep me open and believing but not gullible and undiscerning.  

Anyway, after all than I had a great time with Mike Betts walking and praying on the beach at Lowestoft. Maybe I'll write up some more quotes from the actual conference tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment