Monday 7 June 2010

Visiting Lewes and Eastbourne

Other than have a great time (under God's providential care) at Disney Land it was great to spend time with our family and the church in Lewes. We joined some of the NewFrontiers churches for a regional together event on Plumpton racecourse which is where the precursor to Stoneleigh called "Downs" used to be held. Ray Lowe was the main speaker so it was good to catch-up with him briefly before we left.  

Yesterday we visited King's Church Eastbourne. They have two meetings on a Sunday, one at 9 and one at 11. After some thought (a very brief thought) we decided to visit the later one:-) We got a really friendly welcome from a great couple who Sarah used to know from her time in a Seaford church, lead by a young pastor called Terry Virgo! It was exciting to hear that things have gone full circle and Eastbourne now have plans to plant a congregation back in Seaford.  

After the meeting we were shown round their massive building complete with sports hall, coffee shop, kids church area, offices, and conference rooms. I picked up lots of leaflets and ideas.

....

Well, I think that's covered the main happenings over the last week or so. It's really hit me now that I only have two weeks of sabbatical to go. I need to make sure I use them well. The main things I want to do now are study and prayer. So much has been said about intimacy with God over the last couple of months that I really want to have a focused time of pressing into Him and learning to hear his voice and enjoy his presence more.  I will continue to blog as I go and hopefully get a chance to blog my way a bit more through the bible (marcusbible.blogspot.com) where I have just about got to Abraham.



No comments:

Post a Comment